While Printing Did You Get an Error 5100 In Canon Printer? Don’t worry This is Post is just about all you need to Fix the Problem. In This easy Guide, we will walk you through Clear Steps to Understand & Fix Canon error 5100.
You May Find LED light Flashes 2 Times and displays error On Computer Screen: “Error 5100 A Printer error has occurred
What is Canon Error 5100?
Most of the Time Error 5100 in canon Printer Indicates Hardware Problem Mostly Cartridge Problem But Wrongful installation Or Corrupted Driver Can Also Cause the Same Error & interrupt the Printing With Canon Printer. To Make Your Problem More Understandable Let’s List out All Possible Reasons that may cause the Canon Printer to Send Out Error 5100.
- Dusty, Faulty, Dry, Or Non Compatible ink Cartridges
- Full Ink ink absorber pad
- Paper Jam Or stuck Foreign debris/Object
- Dusty Timing Film (Plastic Strip)
- Wrongful Installation Or Corrupted Canon Driver
Now That We Know What Could Be the Reason Behind Canon error 5100 It’s Time We start Troubleshooting the Problem & Let’s Start With the Basic Troubleshooting With Power Cycle. you can always Reset the canon Printer whenever you see things are not working.
Troubleshooting Canon Error 5100
- Turn Off the canon Printer & disconnect the Power Cord From the Source.
- Open the Printer Cover & Gently Take Out Ink Cartridge.
- Carefully Clean the Ink Cartridge & make Sure the Cartridge is Not Empty
- Remove Paper Jam Or Take Out Any Debris Inside the Printer.
- Use a Cotton Cloth & Dip into Pure Alcohol Or water & clean the Printer Carriage.
- Eject All Paper From paper try & Make sure No Debris is Left Inside the Printer.
- If You Have Any Air Vacuum cleaner Please use the air Dry & clean the Printer.
- Make sure Canon Printer is Configured as default Printer.
- Printhead Must be clean & Free to Move Left & right & No Other Object os Blocking that.
- Confirm that Ink cartridges have been Placed Properly Into the Cartridge Holder.
- Plug Everything Back together & reconnect the Printer Back to The Power.
Try to Print & See if Canon Error 5100 has disappeared if this does Not Fix the Problem Lets Head to More Advance Steps.
A lot of Canon Errors & Their fixes are Quite Common Read More About Errors Such as How to fix canon error B203
Fix Canon Error 5100
Now Understand that Basic Steps Only Helps to Rectify Normal Malfunction However Advance steps are More Deep & Effective to Have the Targeted Impact So Follow them carefully to Eliminate Canon 5100 error.
Clean the Encoder Film
The Plastic Strip inside the Printer top is Known as Timing Film Or Encoder Film. Sometimes Ink Mist & Bad Quality of Ink Cartridge spray Out the Ink Inside the Printer That May covers The Encoder File & effect its Performance Many Canon users have Reported that Cleaning Encoder Film May solve this error Problem. Let’s Give it a Try –
- Use the Power Key to Turn Off the Printer & Disconnect From the Power Source.
- Open the Printer Output cover & examine the encoder strip.
- Use Soft Cotton Balls Dipped In Pure Alcohol Or Water Mixed With Neutral Detergent to Clean the Encoder strip.
Note – Do Not Try to Take the Encoder Strip Out of the Printer Because it is Fixed With Springs. Try not to dislocate it.
- Make Sure No Drops of water Or Alcohol is left it Inside Keep it Open for FeW Minutes & Let it air Dry or Use a Dry Cotton to Remove any Of the Dust Or Water On the Strip.
Caution- Encoder Strip is Sensitive Part of the Printer Try Not Come Strongly on it Or Rub it Harshly. Apply Gentle Pressure & Make Sure not to Touch or Disturb Rail below the Encoder Strip
- Close the paper Output cover & Plug everything back together
- Check Everythings & make sure everything is in Order Before making an effort to Print
See if these Steps Help You out clear the 5100 Error for Canon Printer & canon printer is in error state
Clean & Reset Ink Absorber Pad
When Waste Ink Absorber is full We have to Clean it Manually to make sure That the link absorber is Working & there is an Error Or Overflow of ink inside the Printer.
Take a Pot Or Bowl & Fill it With warm Water Use Minimum of 1 Ltr of Warm But Not too Hot Water. You Can Also Use Neutral Detergent water and set it aside. Put on the Protective rubber gloves if possible.
- Turn Off the Printer & disconnect With Power Source & Take off the Printer Cover
- Carefully Open the ink cartridge compartment. Based on your printer model, this compartment may be located On Back Or Front of the canon printer.
- Press the eject Key On top of Ink Cartridges & Wait for the ink cartridges to move all the way over,
- Use a Touch or Light Source & Flash it under the ink cartridge assembly Carefully Look for a black rubber frame.
- this Black Rubber Frame contains the ink absorbing pads. depending On Your pas The number of pads may be different, Just take them all out.
- Gently pull the rubber frame out of the printer and remove the ink absorbing pads.
- Put the pads in the bowl Under the Warm Water. Carefully rub and squeeze them to remove the ink.
- When the water becomes Coloured with ink, discard the Water the solution and refill the bowl Again with more warm, soapy water. Continue this procedure at least 3 Times until all ink is removed from the pads.
- Gently squeeze excess water from the pads and place them on a stack of paper towels to dry You Can Try Sunlight or Try to Air Dry it as well.
- Leave the Pads At least for 2-3 Hours in Sunlight, Check the pads every hour to determine if they are dry. If the paper towels become saturated, change them out.
- Carefully put the pads back in the rubber frame when they are completely dry. Re-install the Black Rubber frame in the printer.
- Put Everything Back Together & be Print Ready
- Press and hold the “Power” button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait for 10 seconds and push the “Power” button again. This may Reset the Printer internal Memory & Fix Your Canon Error 5100
Fix Corrupted Canon Driver
- If you doubt that Canon Driver has been outdated, Corrupted, Or Not Installed Properly Please Uninstall the canon Driver From the Installed Program List & Remove it as the Default Printer on your computer.
- Once uninstalled please restart the computer & Go to the official Canon Website to Download the latest Available Software-based On Your Canon Printer Model Number & Install it As instructed.
- Set the Canon Printer as the default Printer & see if the Error 5100 has been disappeared
This Should Also Help You fix The Canon 5100 error. One of these Methods Should definitely help you However if None of these Guides Helped Please Contact Canon Customer Helpline Or Get a New Printer. Let us know if you know any help with connecting the canon printer to mac computer.
We Don’t Recommend AnyOne Gamble on Repair Because It’s really not Worth it & risk is Not getting Problem Fixed For Long. We Leave that choice On You However if you Need Help Setting up New Canon Printer Or Help With Any Other Canon Error we are More than happy to help you fix the problem.
We thank You for reading at fixcanonerror.com Please Leave your comment Or Feedback on Comments Or Contact Us For Any Other Query.