Canon Printers are a must for everyday life and therefore, any disturbances in their functioning stop our work in between. There are different printer errors but the specific printer error we are talking about here today is the Canon offline printer showing the offline status. Well, there is nothing to worry about! Here, we will discuss some solutions that can help you to resolve the issue. Similar issues cause your canon printer in error state which takes your printer offline.
Before going for the following options, check that that your printer’s cable is plugged in the electric outlet or the USB lien of the printer is connected. Also, please check your network connectivity by restarting your router.
Reasons why Canon printer is offline
Canon printers do not work if the printer has some technical issues. But like every other technical thing, printers also display error messages. The most common of them all is the Canon Printer Offline Error. With this error message, it becomes difficult for users to operate on the printer and fix the problem of offline status.
More about the Canon printer error
If you are dependent on printing for a large part of your business then these errors can bring your work to a halt. When you give the command to your printer to print the material and rather it shows that the printer is offline than you are dealing with Canon printer offline error. You do not have to worry, this problem is very common and can be resolved by following simple steps.
Canon printers are very innovative and provide complex options that make your work easy. At the same time, printer errors are very uncertain. Most of the problems in printers occur when they are not kept well or not used appropriately. In such cases, you can always take the help of Canon Customer Support.
The offline error
This problem of the printer might occur too frequently than your liking. A very simple or minute misconfiguration can make your printer show this message. If we discuss the main causes for Canon Printer Offline Windows 10, they could be the network and connectivity issues. When the offline error of the canon printer is shown, you will not be able to print any document unless you resolve it.
Difficulties with the Canon printer offline Windows 10
Canon Printers are largely used everywhere so one would not be able to find an alternative to printing. The problem of offline printers occurs sometimes even if all the network connection is good. We might also commit some casual mistakes like connecting the plug to a USB. Also, you might have set some wrong settings for the printer on your system that is causing the problem.
Fix Canon Printer Offline Problem
Now you Must Try Solutions given below One by One. We are confident that One of these steps may be able to fix the offline Problem & Bring it back online ready to Print.
- First, go to the start menu and type services. Further from the option choose services (desktop app).
- From the window that has opened in front of you, right-click on the print spooler option. Then you can choose the restart option from the drop-down menu. If you see that your restart option is in grey and you cannot choose it, so go for a start instead.
- Now, right-click on the print spooler once again and go for the ‘properties’ option. Choose the startup type as Automatic. You need to click on save to keep the settings.
- The last step of this solution is to restart the PC and try to print the desired documents and see whether it’s working or not.
Disable” use printer offline”
- Go to the start and type the control panel. Choose the Control panel (Desktop app) from the results displayed.
- The next step is to choose hardware and sound from the displayed window. Further, choose devices and printers.
- Find your desired canon printers among all the printers displayed on the screen under the printer Catalogue. Then right-click on the canon printer and further choose the option ‘see what’s printing.
- Click the printer menu to look if the ‘use printer offline’ option is unchecked. If the option has a tick mark that is it is checked then click on the tick to uncheck it.
- Now, click on the printer once again and choose ‘cancel all documents’.
- The last step is to give the command to print your desired options and see whether the printer works or not. you can always reset canon Printer to default settings & try installing it back.
Reinstall the canon printer software
The other reason for the offline printer problem might be because of the problems caused by the driver. If you follow the steps below the problem would be solved. In case it does not happen then you will have to reinstall the Canon printer driver.
- First, open the run box. For doing this you have to press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously. Then further you have to type devmgmt.msc inbox and click on OK.
- In the print, queues menu find your desired Canon printer. Then right-click on the printer and choose to uninstall the device.
- Now, you can download the latest driver for the Canon printer from canon’s official website. Then install the same on your PC. go to ij.start.cannon to download the software.
If you are not into technical stuff and are hesitant to download a driver from the canon website then you can make use of the driver easily. It can automatically find the most suitable driver for your computer. Although downloading the Canon driver is easy from the Canon website but it takes a bit more time.
Now the steps are a bit different when it comes to connect canon printer to mac computer using recommended settings.
You can try any solution that is mentioned above. Each one of them delivers the best results. Not only this, the canon printers’ customer services operate twenty-four seven, and therefore, you can contact them on the printer customer support number for any further queries or issues. You can also email them at their official email address and get professional assistance.
Hope This Will Help You Fix the Problem. Comment & Let us Know if you need More Help with Offline Printer Problems. Until then Good luck