If you use the printer often, then you might be encountered the “printer in error state” issue. The error will tell you that your “Printer is in an error state”. If you find this type of error while printing, then you should follow the given below steps. This step will help you by resolving the problem of the printer being in an error state.
Check the connection and restart your devices
When you find such errors like the printer is in an error state, then, first of all, you should follow some basic steps. Check whether the computer is properly connected to the printer via Wi-Fi or USB cable. Always check the wireless connection and even the cable whether it’s the connection has no problem. Sometimes the cable gets broken, so because of that, it fails to connect to your printer.
Resolve the port issues and restart
If you are working in Windows 10, then you might get some port problems while printing. If you want to solve this problem within two minutes you need to follow the below steps.
- Right-click on the start menu or direct search from the start menu. Search and select “Device Manager”.
- On the device manager screen, you can see the “View” menu on top. Tap at the ‘View” menu which is on the top and from that dropdown choose the option “Show hidden devices”, so you will find the hidden devices on your window.
- You can find the Ports (COM & LPT) section on the device manager screen. Expand that option, then can you can find the Printer Port. By right-clicking on the printer port, head to properties on the bottom of the dropdown.
- Go to the “Port settings” tab which is on the top of the properties. Select the options which say “Use any interrupt assigned to port”. Enable the box of “Enable legacy plug and play detection”.
- Once the settings changed, just click on the OK button and it will automatically get saved changes.
- Finally, you have to now reboot your computer. And after restarting the computer, the printer should work normally. If it’s still showing the same issue, then you need to follow the further steps.
Update or reinstalling the driver
The problem of the Printer in error state can also cause by the fault in the printer driver. So, to solve this problem, you should update or reinstall the printer driver.
- First of all, go to the start menu and right-click on it, then open the Device Manager.
- On the screen of the device manager, tap on the below Printer option so that it will extract the list under it. From the above list, you have to search for your printer in the window. To uninstall the printer you have to right-click on the option and click on the “Uninstall Device” option.
- After clicking on the uninstall device it will give you a pop-up warning of confirmation of the uninstalling process. So tap on the OK button to continue.
- Then the initialization process will start. Once it gets completed, you have to reboot your computer for the changes. When your computer turns on it will automatically start installing your printer. If it is asking for a driver’s location, then you need to insert the given CD with the printer and start installing it. After the Canon Printer setup you have to restart again.
Updating the driver from the manufacturers website
If still the problem repeats, then you should go ahead to update the printer driver manually. Visit the manufacturer’s official website to search for the drivers of your printer. Download the brand new version from the website of the manufacturers manually and follow the process of installing it. Once it gets installed, it will automatically update the printer’s existing driver. But always ensure that the Canon printer should be connected to the computer at all times. in case of going to www.canon.com/ijsetup to update the drivers. find more canon printer troubleshooting steps here.
Contact printer manufacturer
If you have tried all of these methods, but still it is showing the same error then it is better to contact the manufacturer of your printer. They will help you with any kind of problem with your printer and solve it. you can also try to reset canon printer to default settings & start again.
So these are the super ways to fix Printer in error state problem. We hope you got your solution for your query of how to resolve your Canon printer in an error state with simple steps.